Thursday, February 11, 2010

Book Review: Plain Pursuit

I just finished reading the wonderful Christian romance titled, Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman. It is the story of a journalist named Carley who travels to Amish Country to visit her friend, Lillian, who has recently joined the Amish faith. Carley is looking for a vacation to rediscover herself and the chance at a great article about Amish living. During her visit, Lillian's stepson becomes ill and Carley begins to fall for his doctor, Noah. Noah was raised Amish and was shunned but he Amish community. Carley is forced to take a new look at her life and relationships with friends and God to decide where to go next.

I really enjoyed this book. After reading it, I discovered it was the second book in a three book series. I immediately reserved the other books at my local library. I really enjoyed the whole series and finished each book in a matter of days. It is easy, joyful reading that makes you long for a simpler life full of love, family, and faith. The characters were very like able and realistic. The details into the culture and traditions of the Amish life were very intriguing and were represented in a positive, respectful manner. My only complain with this book is that it can be somewhat cheesy at times but overall is a very well-written moving love story.

No comments: