Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Book Review

I recently read Jungle Jack's The Wackiest, Wildest, and Weirdest Animals in the World by Jack Hanna. I have to say it was a fabulous, entertaining piece of non-fiction. My husband and I sat for hours reading through the book and discussing all the interesting facts about each unique animal. I loved how educational it was. There were animals in this book that I have never even heard of, let alone seen pictures and know details about. This is a great book for children to read because they will really enjoy all the fun facts about these strange animals.

The book is organized by putting a different animal on each page. Each page contains pictures of the animal and neat facts and trivia. I found the layout and structure of the book to be very easy to follow and very read friendly to children. I have a baby at home so I don't get a lot of time to sit and read uninterrupted but I was able to stop when I finished reading about one animal and pick up where I left off next time. This will again keep children interested in reading because they can easily follow through the book and pick which animals they feel like reading about.

I really enjoyed the pictures in the book. They were colorful and detailed. I have never seen a picture of a Naked Mole Rat and I loved seeing how ugly they are. There were a couple of pictures that I would have liked to be more focused and detailed. I am terrified of snakes and the picture of the anaconda gave me goosebumps.

Jack Hanna wrote an educational, interesting, and surprising book that will fascinate children and adults alike. I was extremely pleased with this book and recommend to all animal lovers. Hanna really found some wacky, wild, and weird animals to share with us.

For more information visit.
http://brb.thomasnelson.com/blogger/resources/57

No comments: