Thursday, May 21, 2009

Book Review: The Rivers Run Dry

I was pleasantly surprised by the book, The Rivers Run Dry, by Sibella Giorello. I do not normally read books from the suspense genre but I really enjoyed this book. It was hard to put down.

The book is about an FBI agent named Raleigh Harmon who has been relocated to Seattle. She lives with her mother and aunt, who are both fabulous characters in the story. I can picture these women in my mind and I love the eccentricities they bring to the story. She is investigating the disappearance of a woman. The crime unfolds into a unpredictable and suspenseful story. I consider myself pretty good and predicting the end of books, but this one was hard to guess. I loved that the book was suspenseful and chilling, without being gruesome or overly graphic.

I would have loved for their to be a bit of romance in the plot. Raleigh is such a like able character and I am a sucker for a love story. I also felt some of the interactions with Raleigh and the other FBI agents were somewhat cliche and predictable.

I think that Sibella Giorello is a very talented author who has a bright literary career ahead of her. I look forward to reading additional novels written by her. I would love to see Raleigh turned into a series.

Here is a link to more information about this book
http://brb.thomasnelson.com/blogger/resources/48

No comments: