Thursday, March 12, 2009

DVD Review- Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure

I decided to order the DVD, Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure, because I was interested in viewing a Christian based video. I have watched very few videos that had a religious basis for the story. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought this DVD was a great story for children that teaches an important principle of the bible and life. Skeeter is a mosquito with a crocked stinger and he is embarrassed by this. He thinks that the other mosquitoes are better than him because he is different. I think not only is this an important lesson that God made us all unique, it also demonstrates acceptance of diversity. I look forward to when my infant daughter is old enough to watch this video and understand the moral lessons behind the story. I really enjoyed the narrations by the actors in this film. There are a talented group who really brought the characters to life with such energy and creativity. I feel this was a very clever video that uses creative animation, entertaining music, humor, and much more to entertain children with a heartfelt story. I think more children's entertainment should focus on positive lessons like this video does. I am so glad that this video has introduced me to the Hermie and Friends DVD series, because I strongly feel that more children should be exposed to good family friendly videos.

http://brb.thomasnelson.com/reviews/bybook/38

No comments: